The Next Steps To Advance
Are you interested in the Scotson Technique and want to learn more?
You may like to come for an introductory visit. This does not commit you in any way but will give you an in-depth understanding of the source of your child's problems and why the approach creates deep and permanent changes.
You will learn more about the relationship between your child's breathing and his or her brain growth, posture, muscular skeletal structure and the development of physical and mental activities.
The introductory visit will also help you by increasing your knowledge of what to expect from Advance once you begin learning the therapy.
The initial consultation lasts approximately 2 hours and costs £80.
The deposit for the first teaching course is £100. Payment for each of the 4 or 5 visits can be made separately over the year.
Contact us on +44 (0)1342 311137 to arrange a time for your Introductory Visit.
What to expect when you begin a course of TST instruction ?
- A warm welcoming atmosphere for your entire family including siblings.
- Your child will be fully clothed and comfortably positioned for therapy instruction.
- Sympathetic and friendly TST instructors will teach you the tiny, gentle and slow but highly controlled pressures you will be making across your child's rib cage.
- Your instructor will first demonstrate the exercises on you, then you in turn will work on your instructor , finally you will work on your child.
- Do not worry everyone becomes very competent at the end of five days.
How much time do I spend on TST ?
- This very much depends on you, your child and your family life.
- The exercises are prescribed for 6 days a week, they are divided into 5 minute periods with 5 minute breaks between each exercise.
- You are usually given 12, 5 minute exercises including the 5 minute breaks. You can divide these up into two or three periods, or do them all together remembering the breaks.
- If you have difficulties with time you can do 6 of the five minute exercises rotating them on a daily basis.
What happens if my child wont lie down ?
- Many children who first arrive for TST are restless, hyperactive, autistic or hypersensitive to touch and not over happy to lie down.
- We can solve this problem, for example instead of learning on their child some parents learn on each other and then practice on their child at night while he or she sleeps. Some hyperactive children are also happy to accept the exercises sitting down watching a favourite DVD.
- Happily children become calmer with TST and any early difficulties gradually disappear.